BackPosted on 16/05/2016
FREELANCE Middleware Specialist
Full time |
Salary type not mentioned
Salary not mentioned |
FREELANCE MIDDLEWARE SPECIALIST
We are currently looking for a Middleware Engineer for our customer in Antwerpen. Are you ready for a new challenge?
You responsibilities and tasks are the following:
Setup and support of the middleware environment (Apache Webservers; Weblogic, Websphere & JBOSS application servers , and Websphere MQ message bus).
* Implement and support the migration of the existing environment to Weblogic
* Install and maintain the middleware environment and components (patching / upgrading)
* Monitor the middleware environment, interpret the alerts and act accordingly.
* Report on the middleware environment (capacity- and performance management)
* Provide valuable input to the architectural design of the middleware environment.
* Implement changes with limited direction of a senior colleague or contribute to larger / more complex projects as a team member using specialist knowledge, delivering defined activities on time and to the expected quality.
* Troubleshoot the middleware environment by conducting the necessary actions, involving and coordinating external resources if needed.
* Support implementation of relevant policies, processes and systems.
* Monitor developments within own technical field and provide specific suggestions and plans to support improvement of working practices.
Technical Skills/ Knowledge:
* Technical Skills / Specific Knowledge:
* Scripting: python, jython (WebLogic, WAS)
* Scripting in bash or Perl is an asset
* Linux (Red Hat Enterprise Linux or Oracle Linux preferred)
* Knowledge of deployment automation is a plus
* Monitoring of middleware environments (WebSphere Application Server, JBoss Application Server, Weblogic Application Server, WebSphere MQSeries) is a plus
Background and Experience:
* Bachelor or Master in Informatics or similar by relevant experience
* Knowledge of WebLogic Application Server
* Experience with WebSphere Application Server or JBoss Application Server is an asset
* Experience with message oriented middleware (IBM WebSphere MQ) is an asset
* Languages: Dutch and English, German is a plus
* You are open minded and flexible
* You can act proactively , take initiative and you like to work independently
Bachelor or Master in Informatics or similar by relevant experience
Login to view details
Contact Person : ***
Contact Email : ***