BackPosted on 19/04/2016
Full time |
- 8 year
Salary not mentioned |
Today, the opportunities for growth across Nike’s business portfolio offer more potential than ever. Nike Finance plays a leadership role in these opportunities by providing expertise and insight to drive near-term profitability, strategic investment for long-term growth, and risk management in an evolving macroeconomic environment. We plan, account, and report for Nike’s multi-billion-dollar portfolio businesses across diverse categories and geographies, while managing the company’s investment portfolio, debt and equity instruments, and other growth-enhancing Treasury activities. Our people and culture distinguish us as a world-class Finance Team that lives its organizational mission: to drive and deliver value to every Nike shareholder.
Financial Analysis & Counsel
• Directs the preparation of timely and insightful financial analysis of pertinent information to determine progress against strategic plan, budget and forecast, and to ensure integrity of the financial statements for the Nike European Logistics Campus in Laakdal, Belgium.
• Leads the partnership between finance and other functional areas by providing timely and accurate review of budgets, financial reports and trends, and business counsel in order to assist Executive Management in performing their responsibilities.
• Actively interprets and reviews financial and operational results with executive management including marketplace trends/Inventory levels/Storage capacity and opportunities to drive actionable responses.
• Advises on financial implications of business decisions.
• Drives long-term financial model for area of responsibility in context of Nike’s financial goals and objectives.
• Identifies opportunities for profitability enhancement and then executes initiatives to achieve results.
• Drives collaboration across matrix to maximize plan effectiveness.
• Identifies and communicates mid-course corrections as needed to ensure accomplishment of plans.
• Drives efficient and effective use of working capital.
• Directs evaluation of financial return and strategic implications of new business opportunities.
Financial/Strategic Planning Process
• Drives the strategic and business planning processes and ensures alignment/coordination with the region.
• Oversees the budgeting process and drives a seamless and efficient forecasting process.
• Member of the ELC Management Team.
• Leads a team of 40 Finance professionals (sets individual performance goals, reviews performances and work on developmental plans).
• Identifies objectives, vision and direction for area(s) of responsibility. This entails the finance function for the European Logistics Campus and related Supply Chain costs.
• Anticipates or identifies key marketplace trends and develops recommendations to enhance the organization’s position.
• Develops and participates in business planning, budgeting, performance targets, and policy development.
• Basic knowledge of Belgian tax/VAT rules - key point of contact for Belgian tax authorities.
Controllership & Internal Controls
• Ensures that effective and efficient internal controls, policies, and procedures are implemented.
• Assumes the ultimate responsibility at the P&L or functional level for the integrity of the financial statements and compliance to GAAP.
• Ensures that accounting policies are in accordance with US GAAP, SEC rules, local statutory requirements and Nike Accounting Policy.
• Ensures effective procedures and controls surrounding the timely closing of the financial records including review for accuracy (including cut-off and classification), variance analysis and explanation, business review.
Reconciliation, Analysis and Monitoring of Inventory & Budgeting/Forecasting
• Responsible for overseeing P&L and functional controlling team with primary focus, but not limited to, payable management, capital investment, SG&A containment.
• Responsible for Inventory (Cycle Count Team) to ensure that actual Inventory is aligned with stock on hand.
Nike ELC is an energetic and innovative employer for driven and positive minded professionals who wish to develop a career in logistics and supply chain for products of the strong global brand Nike.
The unique Nike products, stored in our distribution centres in Laakdal, in Herentals and soon also in Ham, are delivered on a daily basis to our customers and athletes all over Europe. Nike ELC has healthy growth ambitions and offers challenging jobs for a wide range of profiles.
The company culture is characterised by teamwork, perseverance, pride, sustainable entrepreneurship, space for personal development and respect for both the individual and the environment. Employees are free to be themselves, united in their passion for Nike. The bar is high and the atmosphere informal and relaxed. There is room for stimulating extra-professional activities and numerous sports facilities on the site are available to employees and their families. Sport is always on our minds
Degree in Business Administration/Economics
Login to view details
Contact Person : ***
Contact Email : ***