BackPosted on 10/06/2016
Agile Software Engineer Java Connectivity - Agfa HealthCare
Full time |
Salary type not mentioned
Salary not mentioned |
A talent & passion in IT ? Join a global leading HealthCare Company!
Agfa HealthCare, a part of the Agfa-Gevaert Group, is a leading provider of integrated IT solutions, state-of-the-art diagnostic imaging and contrast media solutions for hospitals and other healthcare centers. Agfa HealthCare has over a century of healthcare experience in diagnostic imaging and has been a pioneer on the healthcare IT market since the early 1990s. Over the years, Agfa HealthCare has demonstrated its capacity to rise successfully to its customers' technological challenges, and to guide them in their transition from analogue to digital IT solutions. Today, Agfa HealthCare is a global Imaging Informatics leader with over 3600 installations (PACS, RIS, CVIS) worldwide. The company is also a pioneer in the e-health area, with solutions linking thousands of general practitioners to healthcare providers.
You will be a member of the server side application software development team, working in an agile development environment using SCRUM.
The main responsibility of the team is to extend the server side platform of the business units’ flagship application (ORBIS) with a focus on connectivity with third-party applications. You will work on a connectivity interface engine that’s used to synchronise all types of patient related data between AGFA Healthcare software applications and other (3rd party) software running in a hospital environment. This connectivity is achieved primarily via backend automated processes using international IHE healthcare industry standards like HL7.
As Agile Software Engineer Java Connectivity you are responsible for:
* You embrace the agile software development methodology using SCRUM via 2-week development cycles, in which you work closely together with your colleagues to achieve the goal(s) the team has committed to.
* You consider quality as a key value in order to ensure patient safety in our software deliverables.
* You include automated tests with high code coverage as an integral part of all development.
* Working closely with the verification engineers – who are part of the SCRUM team - and supporting them when needed in the creation of their automated Fitnesse tests.
* You have a Bachelor or Masters Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
* You have a minimum of 5 years of professional experience with Java software development.
* You are experienced in Java development, with a typical IDE (e.g. Eclipse) and with source control systems (e.g. SubVersion/Git).
* You have experience with Java EE, JBOSS/WildFly, Maven, Continuous Integration (e.g. Jenkins) and relational databases (SQL).
* You are comfortable with expressing yourself and with challenging your colleagues in order to continuously improve the software the team delivers.
* You are fluent in English and you can express yourself in French as well. Knowledge of German is appreciated.
* Position on payroll of Agfa.
Location: Ghent (Belgium)
Login to view details
Contact Person : ***
Contact Email : ***