BackPosted on 16/06/2016
Java Software Engineer Connectivity Agfa HealthCare
Full time |
Salary type not mentioned
Salary not mentioned |
You will be part of our Java connectivity team that is working on the next generation solutions (solutions for facilitating image viewing and image related reporting and workflows to all hospital departments). You will be part of a growing development team, working by an agile programming methodology. Developers on our team are proactively involved in the full cycle of professional software development. This includes active work in the design, coding, maintenance and integrated testing of leading edge software.
Our integrations are based on existing healthcare standards, such as IHE, HL7 & DICOM and the related configuration and monitoring tools. Our applications use Java technology and are based on a common framework.
The job requires a high interest in both technical and functional aspects of software development. Innovation and knowledge transfer are core values in our dedication to continuous improvement.
As Java Software Engineer Connectivity you are responsible for :
* Contributing to our Agile programming methodology.
* Designing parts of the application in collaboration with other software engineers and architects of your team.
* Working closely with the product owner to determine the functional and technical needs of the product.
* Coding of specific functional parts or platform extensions in the connectivity framework, or supporting interfaces, monitoring or configuration tools.
* Your part of the application (or platform) as part of the continuous integration process.
* Integrating testing: unit testing, integration testing …
* Working closely with the verification team who will create & execute tests, in addition to your created unit tests & integration tests.
* Working closely with the technical validation specialists who will validate the technical requirements of the application.
* You have a Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent through experience.
* You have several years of hands on development and design experience in a java project with significant size and complexity.
* Preferably, you are familiar with hospital workflows and have experience with development of HL7 and DICOM connectivity.
* You are growing or already have a passion for java and open source technologies.
* You have gathered relevant java development experience either professionally or via open source contribution.
* You have knowledge of: J2SE, J2EE , Eclipse, Design patterns, OOA/D, web services, JUnit, Maven, relational databases (Oracle) & JDBC.
* Knowledge of Swing, Hibernate, OSGI, JBoss, SDO, profiling, healthcare IT business, Subversion, SourceForge, Java Open Source technologies, Jenkins. Angular JS, Bootstrap is an asset.
* You are a team player and can solve a problem independently. You are interested in the synergy of business functionality and technology.
* You feel confident in an Agile working environment.
* Your English is excellent.
* Permanent position on payroll of Agfa.
Location: Ghent (Belgium)
Login to view details
Contact Person : ***
Contact Email : ***