BackPosted on 22/06/2016
Engineer Cyber Security Applications
Full time |
Salary type not mentioned
Salary not mentioned |
Engineer Cyber Security Applications
In today's world, cyber hacks of companies or individuals is daily news. The costs associated with such a breach for a company is high. Hence, worldwide a €35 billion Security Industry is developing and offering new tools and applications to prevent hackers from accessing corporate networks or ensuring early detection.
In Belgium, Proximus is growing its market share in this industry and hence looking to reinforce their teams.
In 2014 a dedicated Cyber Security Program has been setup to enable strong investments in monitoring tools, security applications, security policies and user awareness programs. Since 2015 the Proximus Cyber Defense Center uses a range of applications to monitor, analyse and detect possible intrusions at Proximus assets. These tools and applications are supported by a newly formed and fast growing 'Operations and Engineering team' within the organisation.
As an "Engineer Cyber Security applications" you will be responsible for the engineering activities of a subset of Proximus IT/Cyber Security applications used to prevent and detect cyber security breaches related to the Proximus IT and telecom networks.
1. For new Cyber Security applications or services, you:
* participate in the IT design of new security solutions being the SPOC for the operations team for topics requiring a deep application expertise
* implement with the eventual collaboration of contractors or vendors the new functionalities.
* participate to the definition and execution of the test cases for the validation of the new solution
* provide to the 'operations team' the required documentation and tools to ensure an efficient operational support
2. For the existing Cyber Security applications or services, you are responsible for the continuity of service including Disaster Recovery by :
* Being the SPOC for the operations team for topics requiring a deep application expertise
* Hands on application troubleshooting to restore ASAP the expected functionality
* Performing and validating the impact assessments of planned interventions
3. Ensure smooth releases of the applications in the different environments by :
* Following the Proximus change & release management
* Preparing and documenting the installation procedures to ensure a smooth rollout.
4. Collaborate in the strategy definition for the lifecycle management of deployed solutions
* Participating in the vendor management activities
* Perform application configurations requiring deep application knowledge for fine-tuning purpose
* Open, pragmatic and results-oriented
* good verbal and written communication skills (F or N + E mandatory)
* strong analytical skills (solving incidents, analysing problems and new requirements)
* able to work autonomously as well as in a team
Required skills / experience :
* At least bachelor in computer sciences or equivalent by experience
* Between 3 and 5 years of experience with IT application support
* Knowledge/experience with some of the below IT Security/Cyber Defense Center technologies :
o security information and event management (preference for HP Arcsight)
o intrusion prevention/detection (such like Snort, Suricata, Sourcefire, ISS Proventia,...)
o endpoint monitoring/forensics, netflow monitoring, network anomaly detection, packet capture and analysis (such like Lancope StealthWatch)
o vulnerability management (preference for Ncircle IP360)
o enterprise governance, risk, and compliance (preference for RSA Archer)
o Forensics / sandboxing (FireEye, Virustotal, VXstream),
* Strong interest in IT/Cyber security threads and risks
* Knowledge of networking, routing protocols, firewalls, operating systems (Linux and Windows) and database (MySql) administration.
* Experience with regular expressions (regex), scripting language (Bash, Perl, Python, Salt...)
* Good documentation skills
* Overall telecom network knowledge
* Flexible: prepared to work occasionally out of normal working hours
You'll be part of a large company where complex, high-tech products and services go hand in hand with innovation. This makes our company an ideal learning environment endorsed by its relentlessly changing nature.
Continuously developing your talents? Growing towards an expert or leader role? Lifelong learning? Keeping a healthy work/life balance in exchange for your commitment? Here you can achieve it all, the choice is yours. We also strongly believe in the unique added value of diversity.
In return for your engagement, drive and passion, you can count on an attractive and comprehensive reward package.
More info? Visit www.proximus.com/jobs. See you soon!
Login to view details
Contact Person : ***
Contact Email : ***