BackPosted on 20/04/2016
Capacity & Performance Analyst Windows/ESX & Network platforms
Computer Recruitment Services
Part time |
Salary type not mentioned
Salary not mentioned |
Capacity & Performance Analyst Windows/ESX & Network platforms. Banking, Brussels
The Capacity Management Team ensures that the capacity of the IT infrastructure (current and future) matches the evolving demands of the banks in the most cost effective and timely manner.
The Capacity Management process covers the following area's: capacity planning,
demand management, capacity operations, performance engineering, capacity management infrastructure.
In order to support the Capacity Management process, two candidates are required:
- A generalist: able to cover the sizing activities in the Capacity Management Process and
some basic performance tuning;
-A specialist: have an extended knowledge of a platform, and is able to provide for 2nd and 3rd level support in case of performance problems.
The Capacity Management Team, as part of Service Control department, has an opportunity for a Windows/ESX & Network Capacity Management Specialist.
The role involves:
- Daily monitoring of the performance and capacity of the Windows/ESX & Network systems and services.
- Identification and Investigation of capacity and performance issues.
- Report in a comprehensive manner and propose mitigating actions to the teams in charge of the Windows/ESX & Network systems or services.
- Participate to Project Business Cases and ECR's, assess the feasibility of the proposed solution and make recommendations on the Design and Sizing of Windows/ESX & Network applications and services.
- Participate in Performance testing, analyse the performance data, propose changes to optimise resource usage and performance.
- Validate Business Requirements and make recommendation on the sizing of the infrastructure.
- Build capacity models to correlate Business Volumes with Resource utilisation and Service levels.
- Participate in writing the Performance and Capacity Test Report.
The role also covers the Capacity Planning and Infrastructure area, where you will contribute to the delivery of the Yearly Capacity Plan, Risk Matrix and Monthly Capacity Reports.
This will require an in depth understanding of the Business Drivers and Service Level Agreements on the banks Windows/ESX & Network platforms.
- You have proven experience with the capacity management process and performance engineering
- You have proven experience in capacity management on Windows/ESX and Network systems.
- You have proven experience in performance engineering on Windows/ESX (Perfmon, vcenter, ...) and Network systems (Wireshark, Ngenius Netscout,...)
- You are team oriented and willing to share knowledge with your colleagues
- You have good communication and presentation skills (bot verbal and in writing)
- You have an analytical mindset and a basic understanding of statistics
- You have an advanced knowledge of Excel
As a plus
- You have a basic expertise in SAN and NAS solutions
- You have a basic expertise of the Unix infrastructure
Duration: 6-12 months
Rate: 400-550 euros per day depending on the level of experience.
Login to view details
Contact Person : ***
Contact Email : ***