BackPosted on 20/04/2016
Computer Recruitment Services
Part time |
Salary type not mentioned
Salary not mentioned |
Procurement Specialist, Banking, Brussels
Major bank is looking for an experienced buyer whose main objectives are to:
Manage contracts and sourcing in various spend categories through a network of suppliers in order to ensure that business objectives are met.
Support the category managers and your peers in the selection of suppliers, the tendering process, the correspondence and the supplier administration.
Maintain good relations with internal customers and suppliers.
Contribute actively in building a high performing professional procurement department that really acts as a team across all categories and disciplines.
Collaborate with other category customers and the entire procurement team to create an integrated procurement process and organization interface.
Initiate ideas to improve overall working of category and procurement processes
As an integral member of the team, you will execute operational purchasing and other operational procurement activities for the bank. Manage end-to-end activities. Activities comprehend amongst others the straightforward ordering of goods, materials and services, verification of correct delivery and adjust deviations in agreed time, quantities or qualities. It includes tendering, contract creations, renewals, and termination, maintenance and actualization of the electronic ordering and procurement databases and systems, in relation to suppliers, items, contracts and frame agreements and orders.
This includes but is not limited to:
1. Purchases, termination and extension of existing contracts.
2. In the context of above tasks, update the procurement systems for suppliers, items and agreements; Support the internal client in the determination of the technical and qualitative specifications of the required product/and or services within the agreements; Manage relationship with suppliers for assigned activities.
3. Purchases to meet new business needs (may include tendering process, or ad hoc supplier negotiation)
4. Coordinate with Category Managers to ensure alignment with sourcing strategies, escalation of issues, etc.
5. Maintain relations in the daily activities with internal customers within the bank, users, and suppliers concerning orders and delivery of goods, services and works.
6. Apply SOPs, report deviations and ensure continuous improvement of operational processes by raising streamlining opportunities to the Process Manager.
The Buyer manages procurement contracts within different categories for all of Banks departments and through the procurement methodology and negotiation, in order to assure an efficient procurement.
We are looking for a buyer with 3-5 years experience in Facilities & Professional Services areas.
His/her role will be to support the Category Managers in those areas according to their respective workload.
You are a great team player and are a supportive driving source for your environment.
You are immediately operational on low to medium files complexity.
Your have prior experience in Facilities and Professional Services (Recruitment, Temp Labor, Subscriptions, Payroll, Facilities, Central services...) areas.
You are sensitive to the confidentiality of information and ethics are key to you.
You have excellent relationship management skills.
You have strong negotiation skills.
You are capable to work under pressure and to keep focus on the best corporate solution.
Your written and oral English is fluent. French and/or Dutch are an asset.
You have analytical skills and you are used to work in cross-functional project teams.
Rate: 500-550 Euros per day
Languages: English essential but French/Dutch would be advantageous
Start date: immediate
Login to view details
Contact Person : ***
Contact Email : ***