BackPosted on 20/04/2016
Part time |
Salary type not mentioned
Salary not mentioned |
Proteus Europe is searching for a Systems Engineer a 3 month contract role based in BRUSSELS, Belgium.
is a universal direct bank, whom has invested a lot in the development of a performing Web hosting infrastructure. The infrastructure hosts multiple critical applications .You will be part of the team of Web system engineers that guarantee the standardization, the reliability and the stability of an innovating physical and virtual environment.
Your New role:-
As a Web Hosting Engineer, you will contribute to the migration of applications from WebSphere Application Server 6 to WebSphere 8.5 and manage the current stack.
As Web Hosting Engineer, you carry out the following tasks:
- Support the applications in the migration from WAS 6 to WAS 8.5
- Analyze existing hosting infrastructure, propose innovations and document the target solution
- Control change implementation
- Together with the Solution Architects, analyze Business requests in terms of new Web application hosting and translate them into a Detailed Level Design
- Propose optimal solutions, based on the current standards
Your Skills and experience:-
- Master or Bachelor degree in IT, with at least 3 years of experience in Web environments as a System Engineer.
- Basic knowledge of Windows Server systems and Linux/Unix
- Good knowledge of WebSphere Application Server and Tivoli Access Manager
- Understanding of other web infrastructure devices, like load-balancers, reverse proxies, authentication proxies, ...
- Infrastructure design and engineering skills.
- Fluent English (French or Dutch is a plus).
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) towards all levels.
- Creative, analytical and forward thinking with advice capabilities.
- Deadlines and planning respect.
- Dynamic and well organized.
- Team player, stress resistant and persuasive
Proteus Europe operates in partnership with our candidates by building strong and lasting relationships at all levels.
If you apply for this role, we will:
- Contact you within one week to discuss your current situation and suitability for this role.
- Keep searching for other suitable positions should this role not be right for you.
- Keep you informed at every stage of the recruitment process.
- Actively follow up with our client on your behalf to gain useful feedback throughout the process.
If you are looking for a new role, but this role isn't quite right for you, please contact us in confidence for a discussion about how we can help you.
Login to view details
Contact Person : ***
Contact Email : ***