BackPosted on 30/06/2016
Senior Engineer Cyber Security Applications
Full time |
- 10 year
Salary type not mentioned
Salary not mentioned |
Senior Engineer Cyber Security Applications
In today's world, cyber hacks of companies or individuals is daily news. The costs associated with such a breach for a company is high. Hence, worldwide a €35 billion Security Industry is developing and offering new tools and applications to prevent hackers from accessing corporate networks or ensuring early detection.
In Belgium, Proximus is growing its market share in this industry and hence looking to reinforce their teams.
In 2014 a dedicated Cyber Security Program has been setup to enable strong investments in monitoring tools, security applications, security policies and user awareness programs. Since 2015 the Proximus Cyber Defense Center uses a range of applications to monitor, analyse and detect possible intrusions at Proximus assets. These tools and applications are supported by a newly formed and fast growing 'Operations and Engineering team' within the organisation.
As a "Senior Engineer Cyber Security applications" you will be responsible for the engineering activities of existing and new Proximus IT/Cyber Security applications and services used to prevent and detect cyber security breaches related to the Proximus IT and telecom networks.
1. For new Cyber Security applications or services, you:
* participate in collaboration with architects/design engineers to the IT architecture and design of new security solutions (via POCs, RFQ, ...) being their SPOC as well as for the business
* lead/execute the implementation plan of new functionalities with the eventual collaboration of contractors or vendors (deploy, configure, test, document and migrate to production)
* lead/provide to the 'operations team' the required documentation for an efficient operational support
2. For the existing Cyber Security applications or services, you are responsible for the continuity of service including Disaster Recovery by :
* leading/performing complex troubleshooting
* supervising the 'operations team' to ensure the high availability and performance of the applications/services
* You cooperate with the 'operations team' the impact assessments of planned interventions
3. Ensure smooth releases of the applications in the different environments by :
* Following the Proximus change & release management processes
* Preparing and documenting the installation procedures to ensure a smooth rollout.
4. Define in collaboration with business, architects and 'operation team' the strategy for the lifecycle management of the deployed solutions
* Lead the vendor management activities with the support of the team manager
* Open, pragmatic and results-oriented
* good verbal and written communication skills (French or Dutch + English mandatory)
* strong analytical skills (solving incidents, analysing problems and new requirements)
* able to work autonomously even in an unknown environment
* excellent team worker with ability to delegate/share knowledge
Required skills / experience :
* At least master in computer sciences or equivalent by experience with IT application engineering (6-10 years)
* Understanding/knowledge/experience with some of the IT Security/Cyber Defense Center technologies mentioned here :
o security information and event management (preference for HP Arcsight)
o intrusion prevention/detection (such like Snort, Suricata, Sourcefire, ISS Proventia,...)
o endpoint monitoring/forensics, netflow monitoring, network anomaly detection, packet capture and analysis (such like Lancope StealthWatch)
o vulnerability management (preference for Ncircle IP360)
o enterprise governance, risk, and compliance (preference for RSA Archer)
o Forensics / sandboxing (FireEye, Virustotal, VXstream),
* Strong interest in IT/Cyber security threads and risks
* Overall knowledge of networking, routing protocols, firewalls, operating systems (Linux and Windows) and databases (MySql) administration.
* Overall knowledge of regular expressions and data manipulation, scripting language (Bash, Perl, Python, Salt...) and MySQL
Added value :
* Documentation skills, experience in creating standard operational procedures (SOP) is a plus.
* Overall telecom network knowledge
* Flexible: prepared to work occasionally out of normal working hours
A professional and stimulating working environment in the telecommunications sector. Various career opportunities within the Proximus Group on a national and international level, high-quality training and a rich and acknowledged expertise. We also offer you an attractive remuneration with many fringe benefits.
At least master in computer sciences or equivalent by experience with IT application engineering
Login to view details
Contact Person : ***
Contact Email : ***