BackPosted on 17/08/2016
Full time |
Salary type not mentioned
Salary not mentioned |
Did you know that …
...KBC is one of the largest bank-insurers in Belgium? We are driven and aim to be the reference in our industry. Our group occupies leading positions in our core markets in Belgium and Central and Eastern Europe, where we specialise in retail bank-insurance, asset management and providing services to businesses. Our number one priority every day is to ensure our clients get the best possible service. By being close, accessible and solution-driven.
Interested in joining the KBC family? As winner of the ‘Great Place to Work’ award for the 11th time in a row, we invest considerably and are highly involved in modern HR policy, giving you every opportunity to develop your career.
To find out more about working at KBC, check out our LinkedIn Career Page and 9tolife testimonials on YouTube.
KBC Senior Data Scientist
What does this function mean?
In a changing market environment, where customer needs are more diverse and customer expectations are more personalized, KBC group wants to optimally use the growing “data footprint” of the market to become more customer centric and become a reference in data analytics. Ultimately, we aim to transform our business into a data driven group.KBC therefore wants to attract capabilities that are highly advanced in exploiting, analysing and modelling data.
What do we expect from you?
- Feeding local Business Units with unknown insights based on data and assisting them with the commercial activation of these insights
- Analytical work on a portfolio of initiatives
- Testing commercial hypotheses as suggested by Business Units or from within the own group
- Becoming the reference for Big Data expertise within KBC Group with regards to Data Analysis & Modelling
Louvain, with regular trips to other KBC headquarters internationally.
- A passion for working with data
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Open minded; willing to learn and look for alternative solutions
- Dynamic and hard working
You have a Master's degree or PhD in Mathematics, Applied Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Physics, Econometrics, Actuarial Science or a comparable field.
- You are passionate about working with data, professionally and/or in leisure time.
- Proven record of successful application of data science in a business environment.
- SQL, OLAP, JSON, XML have no more secrets for you.
- You are able to manage and analyse large data sets with analytic rigor by using statistical methods such as Exploratory data analysis, Bayesian statistics, Probability Theory, Regression, Correlation, Monte Carlo, hypothesis testing.
- You are familiar with programs like Python/R/SPSS, Web scraping, Java, .NET, C#.
- Previous experience or proven interest in machine learning, data/text mining, data ingestion, supervised/unsupervised learning predictive algorithms, classifiers, association, regression, Trees, KNN are a plus.
- You possess a wide range of technical skills and are highly proficient in turning data discoveries into insights for the business.
- Knowledge in the field of financial services, marketing or client behavior is an advantage (banking industry, telecom)
- You have great drive and you are entrepreneurial. You challenge your colleagues and yourself.
- You are eager to learn and to adapt to a fast-paced environment where persistence, innovation, natural curiosity, pragmatism and creativity for problem solving are the key words.
- You have excellent communication skills, can clearly present and visualize your work to others. You can clearly communicate the outcomes of complicated analyses. Making complex things simple without dropping the essence of the problem.
-This unique combination makes you a good team player, but you are also able to work independently on different cases.
What can we offer you?
You can count on KBC for:
- active support during your career,
- an exceptional range of training and development opportunities,
- many different career opportunities,
- a permanent contract,
- a competitive salary package, including an extensive package of additional benefits and special terms for employees for our banking and insurance products,
- possibilities to integrate your work and private life,
- a dynamic working environment with an open culture and pleasant atmosphere.
Please apply with your CV and cover letter written in English.
Login to view details
Contact Person : ***
Contact Email : ***