BackPosted on 22/08/2016
109109 Calibration/Driveability development Engineer (Hybrid Vehicle)
Full time |
Salary type not mentioned
Salary not mentioned |
109109 – Calibration/Driveability development Engineer (Hybrid Vehicle)
Company General Information
TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation.
Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities,
Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
Team / Division Description
TME R&D centre is responsible for planning, development and production support of vehicles aimed at - and locally produced for - the European market. The HV team is part of the Powertrain Engineering group and is responsible for matching THS (Toyota Hybrid System) calibration and driveability improvement development with customer requirements.
On a project base, we calibrate the target drive force and other new functions of the vehicle in various driving conditions while ensuring the best F/C, N/V and driveability. Our team operates with full responsibility for ensuring the performance and quality of the whole THS calibration. We provide the calibrated THS software and proof of software quality by issuing design review reports and tolerance investigations.
On a vehicle planning base, we provide objective criteria that grasp the driveability requirements of EU customers considering human-vehicle interactions in specific EU driving conditions. The objective criteria are validated by gathering a representative amount of evaluation data. The criteria is carried-over for next projects for which logic structures and calibrations are being developed and calibrated.
Furthermore, we create and use various simulation tools and perform various vehicle tests (vehicle roller test cell, test track driving, real road driving, etc…) as well as software tools for data processing, visualization, analysis and automated optimisation.
You will contribute to TOYOTA Hybrid System improvement for European market
You will challenge new business area for future TOYOTA driveability development
You are a flexible team player with an open/creative mind and hands-on mentality
To develop THS driveability calibration for EU market
To support driveability index development for future Toyota Hybrid System for EU market
• THS calibration following existing driveability index or existing concept for driveability
• Data analysis of driveability problems, tolerance investigations and calibration confirmations
• Planning of vehicle testing, chassis dyno testing – with technician team -,report making and issuing
• Managing/changing/updating/compiling software for THS calibration project and issuing official software
• Actively support future THS driveability concept development with ideas, statistical investigation,
benchmarking activities and making calibration for concept testing on prototype vehicles
• You have experience in powertrain R&D with Master degree in Engineering
• We are also open for young graduates with a maximum of 18 months professional working experience
• You have experience working with control systems (feedback, feedforward, PID control, etc…), using data analysis software and data acquisition hardware. Experience with vehicle/powertrain driveability evaluation is an asset
• You have strong know-how on powertrain mechanism and dynamics and understanding of statistics (statistical hypothesis testing, statistical correlation,…)
• You have high interest for driveability development and cars development in general
• You have good data analysis and reporting skills as well as computing skills (Matlab or other programming software)
• You are fluent in English. Any other European language is a plus, Japanese language is an asset
• You are owner of a driving license with good driving skills (track driving skills experience is an asset)
You have experience in powertrain R&D with Master degree in Engineering
Login to view details
Contact Person : ***
Contact Email : ***