BackPosted on 26/08/2016
Technical Leader BI and Big Data
Full time |
Salary type not mentioned
Salary not mentioned |
Technical Leader BI and Big Data
ING Belgium SA/NV services all banking customers with a wide range of financial products and via the distribution channel of their choice. ING Belgium SA/NV employs 9,275 FTE and is a full subsidiary of ING Group N.V. which services 61 million private, corporate end institutional clients in more than 40 countries in Europe, North America, Latin America, Asia and Australia.
Are you looking for…
a position where you can explore and drive the technical implementation of a future proof and cost effective BI solution?
Your role …
- Revise and maintain an overview of the Big Data (Data Lake) Technical Roadmap.
- Collaborate with the Solution Delivery Manager to implement structural improvements
- Ensure alignment of the technical design activities with ING experts and the Functional Lead
- Participate in the creation of key documents that improve the knowledge and understanding of the development teams
- Enable your colleagues to deliver BI capabilities according to the agreed planning, budget and scope
- Challenge the functional input provided by the Solution Delivery team and transform it into technical implementation options
- Participate in key transition points between ING and partners
- Challenge and validate effort estimates provided by external parties
- Establish and clearly communicate pre-requisites for the validation of technical deliverables
- Validate technical deliverables (e.g. the technical design, build & unit test report, implementation plan and release notes) within the timelines defined and clearly communicate the outcome
The BI and Big Data department has the following objectives :
• Play a key role in designing and shaping the Strategic Predictive Analytics Target Operating Model of the Bank, in close collaboration with all the business lines
• Ensure alignment with the Group regarding the definition of the IT Big Data Strategy
• Define and implement the new BI environment (solutions and competence centre) that will be based on Big Data market principles, both for structured and unstructured data
• Is accountable for the roll-out of advanced predictive analytics solutions
• Outside looking to new IT tools/solutions and working models (clients, other banks, consultants,…).
Are you also someone who is …
• A technical expert in BI technologies
• Proactive : in order to drive the transition from functional information to select the technical options and anticipate future technical needs
• Well organized and structured: to explore technical implementation possibilities based upon solution specifications
• A strong communicator, (face to face, via email, conference calls, in meetings, etc.) and are able to present concepts and data in a structured way
• A team player, ready to interact with a team of experienced BI specialists
And you have as well …
- Master or bachelor degree in Information Technology
- Minimum 8 years of experience in BI technologies (preferably IBM Infosphere) and large DWH implementations
- Preferably experience with the IBM BDW model and Big Data appliances
- Experience in Netezza (IBM PDA) is a strong plus
- An excellent knowledge of English
… then you are our new Technical Leader BI and Big Data
Your work environment at ING …
ING Belgium is, as the first universal direct bank, a strong player on the Belgian market. The bank provides its customers with a wide range of financial products and services via the distribution channel of their choice (click and face). Customers of ING Belgium are as well retail and private banking clients, as well as small, medium and large enterprises.
ING IT is actually a business in itself. It employs up to 9,000 IT professionals from the Netherlands and Belgium. Within each business unit of ING you will meet our IT people. All these IT specialists have an important role: in a highly complex and dynamic world, the IT people make the bank work.
The BI and Big Data department is a dynamic unit implementing BI solutions based on a.o IBM Infosphere suite, IBM Netezza appliances, Hortonworks Hadoop, SAP BO, etc.
Master or bachelor degree in Information Technology
Login to view details
Contact Person : ***
Contact Email : ***