BackPosted on 26/04/2016
109044 Advanced Powertrain Technology Senior Researcher
Full time |
Salary type not mentioned
Salary not mentioned |
Team / Division Description
Powertrain Research & Planning group of Toyota Motor Europe (TME) is responsible to ensure that future Toyota powertrains satisfy customer demand on the European market. This activity is performed based on investigation of future powertrain technology through technology survey, physical/numerical evaluations of Powertrain technology. Beside extensive internal technology evaluation within Brussels R&D center, TME runs collaboration with external parties such as suppliers/engineering companies and universities individually as well as through consortium.
In order to develop future powertrain technology, we are looking for a candidate with expertise in advanced powertrain technology development.
• The candidate will develop technical projects on powertrain technology. These projects can be internal as well as projects in collaboration with partners (e.g. through consortium programs for FVV in Germany or European Union EUCAR research programs)
• The candidate will work in a team on internal/external advance development programs
• The candidate will represent Toyota in academic events by presenting his/her technical achievements
• Focusing point of projects will be on: C02 reduction, emission control systems, combustion system, powertrain system or subsystem development
• You have a PhD degree in Mechanical engineering with relation to advanced powertrain development. Ideally, you have a few years academic experience (lecturing, research project management, ... )
• You have an extensive research/development experience on powertrain
• After obtaining your PhD, you may have acquired around 3 years relevant working experience in an engineering company, a car manufacturer, supplier or a University (asset).
• You have academic paper publications and have good visibility to different engine research organizations
• Strong out-of-box thinking and wish to challenge alternative powertrains such as Hybrid.
• You are familiar with simulation tools used in internal combustion engine development such as Gt-Power, AMESim, StarCd ...
• You are fluent in English and German.
• Capability to run several activities in parallel.
• Flexible team player, Open personality and able to work in an independent way with hands-on mentality
• You have good communication skills and are able to build your network in the Automotive Engineering society
• Driving license is must
TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation.
Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities,
Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
PhD degree in Mechanical engineering with relation to advanced powertrain development. Ideally, you have a few years academic experience
Login to view details
Contact Person : ***
Contact Email : ***