BackPosted on 26/04/2016
109131 - Vehicle Calibration and Driveability Development Graduate Engineer (Hybrid)
Full time |
Salary type not mentioned
Salary not mentioned |
Team / Division Description
TME R&D centre is responsible for planning, development and production support of vehicles aimed at - and locally produced for - the European market. The HV team is part of the Powertrain Engineering group and is responsible for matching THS (Toyota Hybrid System) calibration and drivability improvement development with customer requirements.
On a project base, we calibrate the target drive force and other new functions of the vehicle in various driving conditions while ensuring the best F/C, N/V and driveability. Our team operates with full responsibility for ensuring the performance and quality of the whole THS calibration. We provide the calibrated THS software and proof of software quality by issuing design review reports and tolerance investigations.
On a vehicle planning base, we provide objective criteria that grasp the drivability requirements of EU customers considering human-vehicle interactions in specific EU driving conditions. The objective criteria are validated by gathering a representative amount of evaluation data. The criteria is carried-over for next projects for which logic structures and calibrations are being developed and calibrated.
Furthermore, we create and use various simulation tools and perform various vehicle tests (vehicle roller test cell, test track driving, real road driving, etc…) as well as software tools for data processing, visualization, analysis and automated optimisation.
To develop THS driveability calibration for EU market and support driveability index development for future TOYOTA Hybrid System for EU market through following tasks:
• THS calibration following existing driveability index or existing concept for driveability
• Data analysis of driveability problems, tolerance investigations and calibration confirmations
• Planning of vehicle testing, chassis dyno testing – with technician team -,report making and issuing
• Managing/changing/updating/compiling software for THS calibration project and issuing official software
• Actively support future THS driveability concept development with ideas, statistical investigation,
• benchmarking activities and making calibration for concept testing on prototype vehicles.
• Experience in powertrain R&D with master degree in engineering
• Experience with vehicle/powertrain drivability evaluation is an asset
• Strong know-how on powertrain mechanism and dynamics
• Experience working with control systems (feedback, feedforward, PID control, etc…)
• Understanding of statistics (statistical hypothesis testing, statistical correlation,…)
• Experience using data analysis software and data acquisition hardware
• High interest for driveability development and cars development in general
• Independently make planning of own tasks and monitor progress throughout project
• Data analysis skill: Grasp driveability issues by analysis vehicle data and identify root causes.
• Reporting skill: ability to summarize your outputs and communicate efficiently towards various stakeholders
• Fluent in English, any other European language is a plus. Japanese language is an asset.
• Owner of a driving licence with good driving skill (track driving experience is asset)
• Computing skills in Matlab or other programming software
TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation.
Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities,
Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
Experience in powertrain R&D with master degree in engineering
Login to view details
Contact Person : ***
Contact Email : ***