BackPosted on 27/04/2016
Specialist Software Developer - R&D
Full time |
Salary type not mentioned
Salary not mentioned |
IT@TVH swears by the tagline Bi²T or Business Innovation throughout Information Technology. As member of our R&D team you will be at the forefront of IT innovation by exploring a variety of technologies and techniques.
Your job responsibilities include among other things:
- You assist and advise in the discovery of infrastructure & software components to improve the software creation & runtime environments
- You integrate software packages, programs and reusable objects from multiple platforms. To do so, you use a diversity of development toolings & programming languages, Java & OpenEdge being the main ones.
- You investigate and assess the technical feasibility of functional proposals.
- You help to support more complex development challenges that occur within the software development processes both technically as methodology-wise.
- You are responsible for the initial development phase and/or re-engineering of application components.
- You support the current general development practices such as: Object-oriented principles (including IOC, patterns), Agile-development, Project-based development, XP practices & Test-driven development.
- You perform tests and adjust the developed functionalities where necessary before entering them into production.
- You offer support in the investigating and solving of incidents and problems within the R&D context and also search for improvements of the applications and processes.
- You are eager to learn & discover new development methodologies and technologies, while trying to pragmatically apply them to the current requirements within TVH.
- You are also motivated to create innovation & acceleration within a more traditional development context.
- You have a solid background in software development, and you have already worked with a variety of technologies, methodologies, libraries & frameworks.
- You have an in-depth & hands-on knowledge of one development language, preferrably java.
- You have experience in coding business logic, services and dynamic web development.
- You’re familiar with the open-source ecosystem.
- You have good knowledge of windows & unix operating systems.
- You have a strong analytical mind
- You are a teamplayer and moving the team forward has priority over your personal objectives.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in ICT or equivalent by experience.
- You are able to work independently in a methodical and qualitative manner.
- You’re a communicative person with a very good knowledge of English.
- You are eager to learn and prepared to acquire the necessary knowledge through self-study.
- You have a flexible mentality.
- You are accurate, methodical and systematic.
An exciting function within an international company with a family atmosphere where people are at the centre.
You are part of a dynamic team, where initiative and entrepreneurship are valued.
You arrive in an innovative, progressive and technical environment.
Numerous opportunities for development, among other things through permanent guidance and professional (internal/external) training courses.
A flexible work arrangement with attention for a good balance between work and private life.
An attractive salary, supplemented with extralegal benefits such as a company car, group and hospitalization insurance, luncheon vouchers, corporate restaurant ...
TVH Group is a global market leader with a passion for industrial vehicles (lift trucks, aerial work platforms … ).
With branches on all continents, TVH employs 4400 employees all over the world. The IT-department in the main office in Waregem houses 80 people, with a total of 120 across all offices. They strive to realise the global innovative concepts and swear by the tagline Bi²T (Business Innovation through Information Technology).
TVH is a growing company and is therefore always on the lookout for new candidates. Does IT appeal to you and are you interested in a challenging function in an international framework? In that case say YES to steady job in a fascinating and progressive environment where you can expand not just your knowledge but also hone your personal skills according to your ambitions. We have vacancies for Developers, Administrators, Analysts
Bachelors degree in ICT or equivalent by experience.
Login to view details
Contact Person : ***
Contact Email : ***