BackPosted on 28/04/2016
Technical Service and Development Engineer for Germany
Full time |
Salary type not mentioned
Salary not mentioned |
Total is the world's fourth-largest oil and gas company and second-largest solar energy operator with SunPower. With operations in more than 130 countries, we have more than 100,000 employees who are fully committed to better energy.
More details on www.careers.total.com
The Group searches for the German market a Technical Service and Development Engineer (m/f). You are based in Feluy or Germany, with regular business trips abroad.
- Leading research projects in the development of new PP formulations for the automotive industry in cooperation with R&D team,Sales,Plants. Following up of product quality and proposing improvements.
- Supporting customers in the use of Total Refining and Chemicals materials: assistance in trials, recommendations on moulding conditions and tool design, coordinating CAE support.
- Trouble shooting: formulation optimisation, technical claim handling.
- Supporting sales efforts in exploring new market opportunities: develop and present technical information to customers, promotion of products to customers and carmakers.
- Developing knowledge of future product needs and contributing in definition of R&D priorities, new market opportunities.
- Business awareness: sense of priority geared to the business objectives of profitability, cost reduction, and market success. Participation to economic calculation of projects and pricing of new materials.
- Regulatory work: answering customer requests on health and safety related product information.
- Mobility: 50% travel in Europe, mainly Germany. Also Benelux, Scandinavia and France.
- Respect safety rules of Total and PPAuto Division, in particular moulding machine trials(customer safety rules) at customers and driving/mission safety rules ( km/day,..). Profile:
- Mechanical, Chemical or Polymer Engineering or Technical Engineering degree
- Min 10 years experience in Automotive Materials, preferably Polypropylene, Technical service/injection moulding.
- Strong interest in automotive industry and polymer science: formulation, processing, applications.
- Ability to communicate, listen, convince at the levels from plant operators up to technical managers and purchasing.
- Strong motivation, ability to work autonomously and coordinate efforts of colleagues (technical, sales, supply chain)Languages:
- Fluent in German and English. The knowledge of French is a plus.Offer:
• The possibility of taking part in projects of great scale and taking responsibilities in a group of world size, which applies the advanced technology.
• An evolution of attractive career allowing to immerse you in a new job, a new activity and a new culture.
• A continuing education. Competitive wages and a broad range of extra-legal advantages.
Mechanical, Chemical or Polymer Engineering or Technical Engineering degree
Login to view details
Contact Person : ***
Contact Email : ***