BackPosted on 29/04/2016
Data Implementation Consultant
Full time |
- 5 year
Salary type not mentioned
Salary not mentioned |
In order to cope with the expansion of the department, we are currently looking for a ”Data Implementation Consultant" to strengthen our enthusiastic team.
In close collaboration with our clients, we are delivering services in the area of data analytics, continuous monitoring and data management. We help our clients drive decision making, business performance and compliancy through effective governance and innovative use of data and information. We help them establishing a data-driven decision making culture and turn their data into a strategic asset.
As part of our services, we are also developing and deploying analytical and reporting platforms, tailored to client needs.
Being part of our Data & Analytics team, you will be involved in short- or long-term engagements, where you will assist in evaluating, designing and implementing integrated technological analytics, data quality and reporting solutions. You will work closely together with an enthusiastic team of both business and technical specialists in data analytics, data management, security, enterprise architecture and business transformation.
• Aligning IT/data solutions to client needs and business processes,
• Gather functional and data requirements in collaboration with the business,
• Improving and/or creating functionality for existing solutions,
• Assist in defining and developing flexible and pragmatic data models (conceptual, logical, physical) and architectures that can adequately support the overall enterprise architecture and business needs,
• Participate in the design and development of data warehouses and overall BI environments,
• Assess existing data architectures and data integration technologies, including processing and control points, transformation points and reconciliations ,
• Develop strategic plans for data capture, retention and integration,
• Create and enforce data modelling standards,
• Support data classification and data cleansing exercises,
• Support continuous improvement efforts by identifying technology and process improvements,
• Help grow our technologic team and skillset through mentoring others and sharing what you know and learn.
As a data implementation consultant, we require specific functional, technical and personal skills:
• Bachelor or master degree in commercial science, (applied) computer science, economics or a technological education with significant exposure to database management and data modelling,
• You have acquired 3 to 5 years of experience in designing and building data warehouse, data mart, or related solutions,
• You are acquainted to data modelling principles (eg. Denormalization, 3NF, star schemas) and have experience in the deployment of data models in physical databases,
• Experience in writing T-SQL or PL/SQL scripts and procedures
• Knowledge of at least one of the top tier BI/database platforms (eg. Microsoft SQL Server, Teradata, Oracle)
• Experience with Microsoft BI platform (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS) is an advantage
• Understanding of market trends and how they impact the DWH architectures (e.g. Hadoop and other NoSQL technologies),
• Experience in programming applications within a .NET environment and good knowledge of C# or VB.NET,
• Experience in designing and developing ETL data pipelines, including data mappings and related solutions, using ETL tools
• Ability to quickly understand business needs and translate into technical requirements,
• You are result-oriented with expert problem solving and analytical skills,
• Ability to work both independently and in team,
• Pro-active mindset, dynamic and flexible to work within a fast-paced startup environment,
• Fluent communication and facilitation skills in English required. Dutch and French considered a strong advantage.
• Interested in expanding your knowledge of business processes.
At KPMG you are appreciated for your professional skills and expertise. Surrounded by a strong team spirit in an international and dynamic work environment, you will find the knowledge that is enriching for your career. Besides a competitive remuneration package, we offer you a great number of extra-legal advantages as well as the opportunity to work for major clients in various industry sectors. We will provide you a continuous support in your professional development and career opportunities.
Interested in this job? Do not hesitate and apply on our website www.mykpmg.be
KPMG is one of the world's leading international networks of service organisations in the fields of Audit, Tax, Advisory and Accounting, with more than 137,000 professionals spread over 750 cities in 144 countries worldwide. In Belgium, we employ more than 900 people, spread over seven offices: Brussels, Antwerp, Ghent, Hasselt, Kortrijk, Liège and Louvain-la-Neuve. KPMG is one of the three biggest networks in its field in Western Europe.
Bachelor or master degree in commercial science, (applied) computer science, economics or a technological education with significant exposure to database management and data modelling,
Login to view details
Contact Person : ***
Contact Email : ***